Sunday, November 23, 2008

Expendable body parts...

Do you ever wonder why we need certain body parts that seem to be expendable in the long run? Like tonsils, adenoids, gall bladders, and appendixes. Now, I've had my appendix removed long ago, but my tonsils and adenoids are still there. Tonight my left tonsil is swollen and red and sore. My sinus cavities are burning, and I really want to just rid myself of eardrums, tonsils, and nasal passages. I have spent two weeks fighting off one cold or another, even though I've been exercising and taking vitamins. Last night, I was feeling great. This morning, I woke up feeling like my throat was ten times its size on the left, my ear aching, and I have no relief from the constant pain it is causing. It makes me wonder why it is we have tonsils? What do they do exactly that can't be done without them? I have tried hot beverages for relief, and salt solutions. Nothing is taming the fire! Even worse, I can't cry and have someone come take care of it!! I'm mom after all, and I take care of everyone else. So, in my discomfort, I've laid on the couch pondering the reason for having such parts. They seem to cause misery when things go wrong with them, but when they're gone we can go on without them. (Hmmmm...sounds like my ex-husbands.) Maybe their purpose is to teach us life lessons? ;)

1 comment:

Doobie Star said...

Funny, funny!! I know why I need my ears, but today I wish I didn't have them!! Happy Sunday!! Only three days left!!! YeAAAAAAAAA!!!